Answered By: Celita Ávila
Last Updated: Jul 21, 2015     Views: 20

The Library has books on Elizabethan English aka "Shakespeare's language." Here are a few you might find useful:

  • The Penguin Shakespeare dictionary (SAC Reference 2nd floor, PR2892 .P46 1999)
  • Dictionary of Shakespeare (SAC Reference 2nd floor, PR2892 .M43 2000)
  • A glossary of words, phrases, names, and allusions in the works of English authors particularly of Shakespeare and his contemporaries (SAC Reference 2nd floor, PE1667 .N32 1966)

And just for fun, check out these web sites:

Related Topics