Answered By: Celita Ávila Last Updated: Nov 10, 2015 Views: 19
You can get some figures and trends from the Newspaper Association of America web site.
You can also do a search in our newspaper database called LexisNexis Academic.
I did the following search:
1) Click on the Search by Content Type drop down arrow and select All News
2) Click on Advanced Options
3) Select the time period you wish to search
4) Click on the Select a Segment drop down arrow and choose HLEAD (this will allow you to search headlines and lead paragraphs)
5) Type in the following search: (newspaper* and circulation and trend*)
You will retrieve a list of full text newspaper articles. Experiment with your search by changing the terms you type in. For example you could try typing in the name of actual newspapers: "new york times and circulation"